Welcome to Lower Gwynedd
Lower Gwynedd Township is a township in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The township is comprised of four villages: Gwynedd, Gwynedd Valley, Penllyn, and Spring House. The town of Gwynedd, which came from the Welsh meaning White Fields, was founded in 1698 by Welsh Quakers. In 1891, the township was then split into Lower Gwynedd and Upper Gwynedd. Lower Gwynedd is situated in the Wissahickon School District and is home to a SEPTA Rail Station with an easy 45 minute drive to Center City Philadelphia. Lower Gwynedd is home to Treweryn Farm Trail, Lower Gwynedd Park, and Natural Lands Trust’s Gwynedd Wildlife Preserve.